1. We are anchored off of Rarotonga. Of all the islands we have visited so far, we think this may be the most beautiful.
2. The Cook Islands were annexed by New Zealand in 1901, and this sleepy little town, Avarua, is the Capitol.
3. There is one 32 kilometer road circling the island and we took the “clockwise bus” to get some local flavor. (Yes, there is also an “anti clockwise” bus.)
4. & 5. Green covered mountains soar 2000 feet above white sand beaches and the encircling coral reefs create beautiful, safe lagoons.
6. The sun is really bright – Hästa needed sunglasses – the weather is humid. This is summer below the equator, remember. Did I just hear there is more snow in New England?
7. Map of the entire voyage with all the ports.
8. A map of this segment (2 of 7), from Tahiti to Auckland, New Zealand. 9. A pretty picture of the ship from shore.