1. We spent our day in Seward – on the water, but in a smaller excursion boat. The morning started out cloudy, foggy and misting – but that didn’t bother the really cute sea otters.
2. This mountain goat had a great observation post.
3, 4 & 5. Our tour was of Kenai Fjords National Park – we watched three whales breaching and blowing – and the skies had cleared!
6. After we saw a tidewater glacier (glacier pictures will come later) we found amazing “rafts” of sea birds (these are alcids).
7. The cliffs were teeming with gulls, terns, and the Common Murre (those penguin-looking birds).
8. Even though it is very early in the season, we saw tufted puffins (yay!), red headed cormorants, Arctic loons, Dall’s porpoise and these lazy Steller Sea Lions. They looked like they were poured onto the rocks.
9. The Serenity, itself really big compared to us humans, is dwarfed by the snow-capped mountains.
10. We glided away from Seward at sunset (9:44pm).