1. Fremantle is the port town for the city of Perth and Ed and I started our day with a guided bike tour in the town and beach area. The sailing ship Leeuwin II is docked on the Swan River just downriver from the Serenity (you can see the Serenity through the sails).
2. We finished the bike tour, thanked our guide, hopped on a bus to catch a ferry ride on the Swan River to Perth 12 miles upriver.
3. The pretty approach to Perth.
4. One of Perth’s walking streets, or Malls – common in the Australian cities we have visited. Another common people friendly idea is free city circle buses.
5. Also frequent and fun – street statues.
6 & 7. The “London Court”, a themed shopping street built in the early 20th century.
8. The Perth Town Hall.
9. I think we used every mode of transportation this day except for flying! We took a train back to Fremantle.
10. These are some other modes of transportation that we did not take today – but how cute – and how Australian! Can you Emu?